Posted by Foobooz on June 1st, 2006
Last night marked the official grand opening of the Mexican cantina El Caballito [now known as Cantina Los Caballitos], and Foobooz was there.
Located between Morris and Tasker on Passyunk Ave, El Caballito joins a thriving block already populated by several restaurants and coffee shops.
Although there is no sign out front yet it was hard to miss the cantina with it’s arched doorways and bright colored walls. The restaurant occupies the first room you enter. It is a warm room with dark wooden tables along both walls. Just up a couple stairs you enter the bar area with a sturdy, distressed wooden bar holding, by our count, 37 different bottles of tequila. The drink menu features several different margherita options, along with sangria and an excellent draught beer section.
The food menu tops out at $17 for an entree and we can vouch for the Chicken Mole and empanadas being excellent.
El Caballito is going to be a welcomed addition to the neighborhood and one day may be the beacon of the East Passyunk Avenue revival.
- Cantina Los Caballitos
- Los Cabalitos In The Weekly
- Brunch Without A Wait: Cantina Los Caballitos
- Weekday Industry Brunch at Cantina Los Caballitos
- Cantina Los Caballitos’ Tequila & Dessert Pairing
- Cheap Dates On East Passyunk
- Cantina Los Caballitos Kicks Off Tequila Club
- Tequila Club At The Cantina
- Los Cabalitos