Posted by Foobooz on June 30th, 2006
Perhaps celebrating bulls goring people seems odd to you. But what else are you going to do? Root for the drunk thrill seeker? Go Bulls!
Well another way to celebrate the Running of the Bulls is with Iron Hill’s July tasting menu.
Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant will celebrate Fiesta de San Fermin, better known as The Running of the Bulls, with a special beer-pairing menu at all five locations that will explore the flavors and tastes of Spain. Each year, foolhardy thrill-seekers pack the tiny cobblestone streets of the Spanish city of Pamplona to risk life and limb by running with the bulls. In honor of this annual celebration, Iron Hill will offer a special two-course menu, available for $19.95, inspired by Spanish cuisine that will accentuate the superb pairing of Iron Hill’s award-winning brews when combined with these wonderful dishes.
“Right now Spanish cuisine is more popular than ever and it continues to set the pace for culinary trends,” says David Anderson, Iron Hill’s Culinary Director.
The Spanish beer-pairing menu, will include: Yellow Tomato Gazpacho, paired with Hefeweizen or Belgian Wit, depending on availability; and Gaucho Steak, with Spanish rice, chimichurri sauce, field greens with roasted tomato vinaigrette and fresh avocado, paired with, Ironbound Ale.
Iron Hill’s five locations are in Newark, Wilmington, Media, West Chester and North Wales, PA.
Iron Hill Brewery [Official Site]
- Oktoberfest Kicks Off Tomorrow At Iron Hill
- Iron Hill Brewery Kicks Off National Burger Month
- Iron Hill Number 11 Will Be on the Main Line
- Local Winners at GABF
- Iron Hill Brewing’s Tenth Location Will Be In Voorhees
- Iron Hill’s Bob Barrar Birthday Celebration
- Tom Selleck Finds Out About Iron Hill Brew Named After Mustache
- Inquirer Picks Top Local Beers
- Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers Festival Is This Saturday