Posted by Foobooz on January 29th, 2007
Craig LaBan tries out Iron Hill’s new bottled beers and finds them to definitely be worth a try.
I was particularly impressed with the Tripel ($18.50), which seems to be a fine homage to Belgium’s Westmalle in more than classic label alone – its creamy texture and a spicy fruit nose reminiscent of oranges stuck with clove. The Russian Imperial Stout ($19.50), meanwhile, is a powerhouse winter sipper that starts with the dark sweetness of cocoa and coffee, and brightens up for a citrusy hop finish.
Drink [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Iron Hill, Troegs and Dock Street Shine at World Beer Cup
- Troegs Is the Local Star at 2012 Great American Beer Festival
- Inquirer Picks Top Local Beers
- Local Winners at GABF
- IBU Smackdown at Iron Hill Brewery
- Tom Selleck Finds Out About Iron Hill Brew Named After Mustache
- Free Brew Fest Tonight in Brewerytown
- Iron Hill Brewing’s Tenth Location Will Be In Voorhees
- Brandywine Valley Craft Brewers Festival Is This Saturday