Posted by Foobooz on May 14th, 2007
Check out the most passionate sports crowd in Philadelphia. You won’t find them at Citizens Bank Park but rather at Barristers Bar during Buffalo Sabres playoff games. It’s a fun crowd who really gets into the Buffalo Sabres. And looking at the way the Ottawa Senators have been handling the Sabres, you may only have a few more chances to check out the phenomenon.
Monday is often a day off in Philadelphia’s better restaurants but there is always something good on the menus at Philadelphia’s best gastro-pubs. How about a wild boar burrito from the South Philadelphia Taproom, Tuna in mango, jalapeno salsa at the Standard Tap or a meatloaf sandwich at the Royal Tavern. There may not be table cloths but the food is 1st class.
Related Tags: gastropub
- 85 Awesome Places to Drink
- Craig LaBan Sings the Praises of Loco Pez
- PW’s Top 50 Bars
- The Foobooz Top 50 Bars for 2012
- Pig in a Pub: Trey Popp Reviews Alla Spina
- The Foobooz Top 50 Bars for 2011
- Kennett, Doing Everything Well, Check
- Revisiting Pub & Kitchen
- The Industry Caters To More Than the Industy