Posted by Foobooz on August 10th, 2007
The shore has long been about sitting out on a deck and doing some grilling but if you’re on Long Beach Island and looking for a legitimate smoke pit you’re in luck.
The Mason Jar, owned by Robert Belisonzi, Jr. gets daily deliveries from the father store in Mahwah, New Jersey, (actually owned by Belisonzi’s father) where the ribs, butts and briskets slow-cook for hours in a hickory smoke haze. I didn’t love some of the sides here (like the beans), but the ribs are heated to order, finished saucy K.C. style or with a dry Memphis rub. And they are the real deal.
Beach Barbecue [Philadelphia Inquirer]
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth At The Shore
- Craig LaBan Goes Down The Shore, Part 2
- Cherry Vodka, Beer Muscles, and the Apparent Ordinariness of Public Chair Sex: What It’s Really Like To Be A Jersey Shore Bartender
- Another Iron Chef Heading to Revel Casino
- Family Restaurants At The Shore
- Top Restaurants By Sales
- Ocean City Stays Dry
- Three Bells for Jersey Shore BYOB
- Around the Web: Early Report from Fette Sau