Posted by Foobooz on October 15th, 2007
A big time independent steakhouse is coming to the 700 block of Chestnut Street just a couple doors down from Morimoto. The former Kellmer Jewelers is being transformed into Union Trust, a restaurant that is sure to awe with a soaring vaulted ceiling and impressive marble walls.
Joe Grasso who owns the Curtis Center and Public Ledger Building is leading the project. He has experience in the nightclub business having previously run Club Egypt and Shampoo. He’s joined by Ed Doherty and Terry White who have extensive tenures in the steakhouse business.
Look for an opening in the spring of ’08.
717 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA
- Union Gourmet Sneak Peek
- Breaking: Union Trust Files For Bankruptcy
- U.S. Government Moves to Liquidate Union Trust
- Our New Friends At Union Trust Want You To Know About Their Oysters And Sancerre Event
- Without a Liquor License, Union Trust Closes
- Sushi and Ramen Coming to Chestnut Street
- The Butcher and The Brewer Is Closing
- Vedge Promises to Make Veggies Sexy
- Union Trust Steakhouse Is Falling Apart