Posted by Foobooz on October 22nd, 2007
Today Food and Drinq tells us Matyson’s chef and co-owner Matt Spector and his wife are leaving Philadelphia for California’s wine country.
The restaurant, he [Matt Spector] says, will be left in capable hands: Ben Puchowitz, Matt’s cousin and an employee since Day One, and Brian Losink, their sous chef. Puchowitz’s father, Butch, now owns the place. “This is a good opportunity for those guys to keep it going and put their own flair on it,” Matt Spector says.
Here’s hoping that Matyson’s transition goes as smoothly as when Marigold Kitchen changed chefs.
Oh and this week the tasting menu at Matyson is “Perfectly Porky.” Menu after the jump.
Bitter greens, cumin viniagrette
Seared Hudson Valley foie gras, fig chutney
Braised Tuscan kale, lentils
Pumpkin Bread Puddin
Pecan praline sauce
$45 (not including taxes and gratuity)
37 South 19th St, Philadelphia, PA
- “Long Live Foie Gras” Menu This Week at Matyson
- Eat Like a Chef
- Collaborative Sly Fox Beer Dinner at Matyson
- Sabatino, Puchowitz and Moore, Not a Law Firm but a Dinner
- Lobster Mania At Matyson
- Tonight: Lobster Mania
- All Week: Tweek Out at Matyson
- Crab Tasting Menu This Week at Matyson, Brunch Starts Sunday