Posted by Foobooz on November 8th, 2007
Michael Solomonov and Steven Cook are opening another restaurant, Zahav at the base of the Society Hill Towers in what was Sfizzio as recently as a few nights ago. Cook owns Marigold Kitchen where Solomnov is executive chef and they are both owners in Xochitl, the higher-end Mexican restaurant on Headhouse Square. Zahav will focus on Israeli-Mediterranean cuisine and have room for over 100 diners plus a ten person bar. Opening night is still at least four months away.
But what’s most interesting is Cook and Solomonov are opening the doors to Michael Klein who will be chronicling the journey from design, to construction and eventual opening via a blog, The Making of Zahav on Philly.com.
237 St. James Place
- Zahav Taking Reservations
- Zahav Days Away
- Zahav Hosting South African Wine Dinner Tomorrow
- An Even Jewisher Christmas at Zahav
- Solomonov Adding Chef’s Counter to Zahav
- Reservations For Zahav’s Chef Counter Going Live
- Rittenhouse Tavern and Zahav Represented on Today Show
- What Would Michael Solomonov’s Last Supper Be?
- Solomonov Wins Beard