Posted by Foobooz on December 5th, 2007
Philadelphia Weekly takes on Italian newcomer Le Virtu and certainly likes it.
The kitchen takes its cues from centuries-old recipes, but the food feels fresh. Mint lends the pesto sauce on the Taleggio-stuffed gnocchi an Alpine clarity. Frilly rabbit-filled ravioli capture an ephemeral sweetness from cocoa powder and grated Amaretti cookies. Even meek filet mignon becomes a stud with a sprezzatura of anchovies and Claudioâ€™s mozzarella.
1927 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Le Virtu Gets Two Bells
- Better Than Ever at Le Virtu
- Le Virtú Spring Menu Feast
- Sixty Foot Long Strand of Pasta Available at Le Virtu
- Le Virtu Officially Christens Its Patio This Sunday
- New Le Virtu Happy Hour
- Taste Illustrated: Stuff Shorter Than Le Virtu’s Maccheroni Alla Mugnaia
- 40-Dish La Panarda Dinner at Le Virtù
- Around the Web: Le Virtu Preferred, Duck Eggs and Bargain Banh Mi