Posted by Foobooz on February 25th, 2008
Craig LaBan tries the new Astral Plane Millennium and finds that the quirky charm of the former Astral Plane is gone in both the food and atmosphere.
The menu designed by Fischer and executed by chef Gildardo Zavala is all over the place, from an Italianesque section of carpaccios and homemade pastas to Greek salad, curry and numerous Latin flavors. The Mexican-born Zavala, who worked several years in the Italian kitchens of Girasole, has the background to pull it off.
But Astral Plane fails so consistently I have to wonder if the owners are paying close enough attention.
One Bell: Hit Or Miss
1708 Lombard St, Philadelphia, PA
- First Night Market Opens Next Thursday
- Night Market Tonight
- How The Night Market Got So Cool
- Night Market with ?uest Loves Food Pop-Up
- Tonight Is the Washington Avenue Night Market
- Beer Week Night Market Announced
- Some of What You’ll Eat at the Beer Week Night Market
- Details on the Fairmount Night Market
- 2013 Night Market Dates Announced