Posted by Foobooz on March 24th, 2008
Craig LaBan is a sucker for couples who own restaurants and he finds another favorite twosome in this week’s review of Le Virtu on East Passyunk.
If you’ve eaten at handsome Le Virtu in South Philadelphia, you’ll realize that Francis Cratil and his wife, Catherine Lee, are among the lucky few. And if you’ve had a chance to savor the homespun Abruzzese pastas topped with lamb and duck ragus, or to nibble on deep-fried olives stuffed with braised meat, then you’ll know we’re the lucky ones, too. Because Le Virtu is not simply one of the most pleasant new restaurants I’ve visited this year; it adds yet another layer of authenticity to our already rich and growing Italian scene.
1927 E Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Better Than Ever at Le Virtu
- Le Virtu
- Sixty Foot Long Strand of Pasta Available at Le Virtu
- Le Virtu Officially Christens Its Patio This Sunday
- Around the Web: Le Virtu Preferred, Duck Eggs and Bargain Banh Mi
- New Le Virtu Happy Hour
- Three Bells for Il Pittore
- Taste Illustrated: Stuff Shorter Than Le Virtu’s Maccheroni Alla Mugnaia