Posted by Kirsten Henri on April 7th, 2008
Deuce, the first restaurant to open up in Liberties Walk, shut its doors last night.
Laura Vernola, the owner, in a particularly classy move, is admonishing her defenders (and there are many over on the angry-on-the-inside NoLibs message board) to take it easy on Liberties Walk developer Bart Blatstein. While it’s easy to hate Blatstein on the basis of his hideous aesthetic sense alone, Deuce has been through at least three good chefs (Scott Schroeder, Greg Ling, Todd Lean) in two-and-a-half years. Staff turnover is usually a sign that something is awry – something that has nothing to do with the landlord.
- Blatstein Gives Up Controlling Interest in Piazza and Liberties Walk
- Join Deuce on MySpace Get Half Off Brunch
- Deuce Open Mic Night Sundays
- Deuce Anniversary Party
- Brunch Cocktail Party At Deuce
- Sonata in Northern Liberties Has Closed
- Baan Thai Opens in Northern Liberties
- First Wednesdays Wine Tasting Group
- Sonata Coming To Northern Liberties