Posted by Foobooz on April 10th, 2008
Tria is hosting Koningshoeven Brewery, one of only eight authentic Trappist breweries and the only one in the Netherlands this Monday night. Gijs Swinkels and Thijs Thijssen from the brewery,will share stories as they pour four of their ales, Dubbel, Tripel, Quadrupel and Bock.
The brewers and deals run from 5 to 6:30 at the 12th and Spruce location. No reservations are required.
But if you demand reservations or more intimate surroundings, there will also be a beer class at the Tria Fermentation School at 7pm. Get the inside scoop on the role of the monks at the brewery and the saga of the Trappist seal. Taste Koningshoeven Trappist Ales as well as Urthel “cult beers,” which are made at the Abbey in collaboration with Belgium’s brewing vixen Hildegard van Ostaden.
Tickets are $50 per person.
Abbey Road Class [Tria Cafe]
- Tria Tapping Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA Today
- All Three Trias Now Open on Fridays for Lunch
- Tria Wash-West Now Open at Noon Daily
- Monk’s Debuts the Newest Trappist Brewery Tonight
- Chifa Hosting Allagash Beer Dinner
- Tria Taproom to Offer Beer and Pizza at Former Rum Bar
- What’s Opening Soon
- Today: Tria Turns Eight
- Celebrate Tria’s 4th Anniversary at Washington Square West