Posted by Foobooz on January 7th, 2009
Adam Erace visits Mt. Airy’s new “village green,” Earth Bread + Brewery. Erace is impressed with EB+B’s environmental awareness but less so with its pizzas.
Earthâ€™s pizzaoilas use King Arthur flour for the flatbread dough, which imparts a wholesome aroma and flavor, but whatâ€™s on top brought them down: squash and eggplant roasted to mush, bland cubes of potato that added little to a pesto-dressed pie. The black bean-and-corn-studded Mexican was the exception, deceptively spicy from its jalapeÃ±o-and-smoked- paprika-spiked marinara.
Earth Bread + Brewery
7136 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Earth, Bread + Brews
- Sneak Peek At Earth Bread + Brewery
- Lunacy Returns to Earth Bread + Brewery
- Review in Haikuâ„¢: Earth Bread + Brewery
- Earth Opening for Weekend Lunch
- Beer, Pizza & Character
- Red Thunder Rumbling Into Mount Airy
- More On Earth Bread + Brewery
- What To Expect At Earth Bread + Brewery