Posted by Kirsten Henri on January 19th, 2009
Personally, I like to blame the cheesesteak for most of Philadelphia’s image problems (long live the roast pork!), but could a chicken cheesesteak be responsible for the Eagles’ crushing loss on Sunday? On Friday, Dan Gross reported that Donovan McNabb ate his ‘lucky sandwich’ before heading west:
Donovan McNabb showed up at Talk of the Town (3020 S. Broad) to pick up his lucky chicken cheesesteak hoagie with American cheese, mayo, ketchup, lettuce and tomato. While D-Mac insists on picking up his own sandwich, the shop delivered a few more steaks to the Nova Care Complex for kicker David Akers and a few other Iggles, who have since departed for Arizona.
I don’t know much about football, but perhaps a new sandwich is in order? Anyone have any recommendations for what might be a luckier lucky meal for the Eagles quarterback?
Donovan didn’t leave town without his lucky sandwich. [PhillyGossip]
- It’s Donovan’s Fault
- Maybe Home Cooking Will Help
- Chink’s Steaks Is Now Joe’s Steaks + Soda Shop
- Best Cheesesteaks You’ve Never Had
- Cheesesteak Mania
- Fourth of July, Philly Style: The Hot Dog Cheesesteak Hoagie
- First Bite: Marathon’s $11 Cheesesteak
- Campo’s Loses Fight to Trademark “Philadelphia’s Cheesesteak”
- Steve’s Prince of Steaks Is Coming to 16th Street in Center City