Posted by Foobooz on February 18th, 2009
Adam Erace finds the “BAR” sign in front of Prohibition Taproom is just the beginning of the story. There’s darn good food in there too.
Today an optimistic spirit floats over Prohibitionâ€™s marvelous bar, as unexpected as the counterâ€™s twin peninsulas jutting into the dining room like cherrywood jetties. The impressive beer list is just one reason for the warm and fuzzies. The other is the food: earnest American stuff executed well and without pretense by exec chef James Henry and sous Jen Sherman. The fries are cut by hand, the wing sauce is from scratch and the only thing frozen is the vanilla ice cream plunked into a frosted mug of root beer.
501 N 13th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Prohibition Taproom In CP
- Tonight: Roast Joe Sixpack at Prohibition Taproom
- A Few Looks At Prohibition Taproom
- End Prohibition
- TuB Gin Offering 25¢ Drinks
- Better Soup Through Beer
- Prohibition Taproom Hosting a Two Goose Dinner
- Rick Nichols On Prohibition Taproom
- No Bells for Ardmore’s The Saint James – Is Location to Blame?