Posted by Foobooz on March 25th, 2009
Bob & Barbara’s makes Details magazine’s list of best dive bars in America.
The owners of this dive understand that sometimes even serious drinkers need a little entertainment. On Thursdays, $6 gets you a drink ticket and a drag show. Friday and Saturday bring the Crowd Pleasers, a bluesy band specializing in “liquor-drinking music.” And it’s not like the South Street institution makes it hard for you to tie one on any other night of the week: The house special, a can of PBR and a shot of Jim Beam, is a borderline-irresponsible three bucks.
Bob & Barbara's
1509 South St, Philadelphia, PA
- Jim’s Steaks Makes Best Late-Night Eats List
- Music Freed at Jamaican Jerk Hut
- Tritone Officially Becomes The Cambridge On South Street Tonight
- Hop Sing Laundromat in Details Magazine
- South Street Music Venue Tritone To Close
- What Is A Dive Bar?
- Percy Street’s Birthday Bash With Oskar Blues
- South Street Spring Festival Will Rock from 2nd to 8th Street
- South Street Rebirth?