Posted by Foobooz on May 27th, 2009
Come out to the Reading Terminal Market tomorrow evening to support Fair Food and the Fair Food Farmstand. There will be lots of great food, drink music and prizes.
The party will feature artisan chocolate, local cheese, fresh bread, beer and spirits.
Raffle prizes will include gift certificates from Southwark, Tria, the Reading Terminal and Cosmic Catering among others.
Tickets are available from the Farmstand (inside the Market opposite the Metropolitan Bakery) for $10 or at the door for $15. Money raised will go to the farmstand which is moving to the 12th Street side of the market and expanding in size by over 100%. The new space will have refrigeration andÂ a wider selection of produce.
The fundraiser runs from 6:30 to 9pm.
See more details after the jump.
- Cow milk cheeses from Keswick Creamery
- Cows milk cheeses from Birchrun Hills Farm
- Goats milk cheese from Shellbark Hollow Farm
- Fresh-baked bread from Four Worlds Bakery
- Chocolates from John & Kira’s (also available for purchase with half of the proceeds donated to the Fair Food Farmstand)
- BT Brownies
- Cider from Lancaster Farm Fresh
- Spreads and crackers from Cosmic Catering
- Beer from Philadelphia Brewing Company
- Philadelphia Distilling Co.’s Penn 1681 (local) Rye Vodka,Bluecoat Gin American Dry Gin and Vieux CarrÃ© Absinthe SupÃ©rieure
Raffle prizes include:
- Mugshots Coffee House Gift Basket
- Food Lovers Book Basket
- La Quercia Prosciutto Gift Certificate
- Southwark Restaurant Gift Certificate
- Tria - Wine, cheese and beer cafe
- Reading Terminal Market Gift Certificate
- Cosmic Catering Gift Certificate
- Farm Fresh Express Gift Certificate
- Ultimo Coffee Gift Certificate
- Phillies Tickets!
Fair Food [Official Site]
Reading Terminal Market
1200 Arch St, Philadelphia, PA
- Fair Food Farmstand Grand Opening Friday
- Fair Food Shopping
- Fresh & Local at the Farmstand
- Fair Food Shopping Through 1/20
- UPDATED: Tonight, Party at the Farmstand
- Who’s Taking Over Rick’s at the RTM?
- Celebrate the Grand Opening of Beiler’s Donuts & Salads in the Reading Terminal
- Local Growers ISO Local Buyers
- Around the Web: Pies, Fare, El Rey Lunch and Local Cheese Plates