Posted by Foobooz on September 4th, 2009
Joy Manning finds a little bit of California in this rendition of the Oyster House. She also finds a fish house menu worth diving into.
The heart of the menu, the oyster list, changes every day. It usually features five to seven varieties, with options from both coasts. Mink thought about confining the list to East Coast specimens, but his love of the Westerners, like the tiny, succulent, cucumber-scented Kumamoto, mandated that both regions be represented. Servers offer spot-on descriptions and guide newbies through the oyster-ordering process. During one visit, I fell head over heels in love with the Wellfleet from Cape Cod.
East Meets West [Philadelphia Magazine]
1516 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA
- Shucking Contest at Oyster House Today
- Oyster House Satisfies
- Blue Crabs at Oyster House
- Home Again At The Oyster House
- Cheap Lobsters In Philly: Twin Lobster Dinner at Oyster House
- Save At Sansom Street Oyster House
- Tonight: It’s Shad Season at Oyster House
- Twin Lobster Dinner is Back at Oyster House
- Tonight’s Cocktail List at Oyster House