Posted by Foobooz on September 28th, 2009
The Great American Beer Festival is the biggest brewing industry event in the United States and each year it closes out with a medal ceremony. And of course many local breweries were rightfully honored.
17 local beers won a medal including 7 Golds, among the gold winners were Flying Fish’s Exit 4 and Troegs Troegenator. Troegs and Dogfish Head each completed the trifecta, winning a Gold, Silver and Bronze.
See the complete list after the jump.
- Dogfish Head Chateau Jiahu – Specialty Beer
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. Exit 4 – American-Belgo-Style Ale
- Iron Hill Brewery (Phoenixville) Schwarzbier – German Style Schwarzbier
- McKenzie Brew House Saison Vautour – French and Belgian Style Saison
- Triumph Brewing (New Hope) Hefeweizen German – Style Wheat Ale
- Triumph Brewing (Philadelphia) KinderPils – Session Beer
- Troegs Brewing Troegenator – Bock
- Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron – Specialty Beer
- Fegley’s Allentown & Bethlehem Brew Works Bag Piper’s Scotch Ale – Scotch Ale
- Iron Hill Brewery (Media) Raspberry Torte – American-style Sour Ale
- Nodding Head Brewing Co. George’s Fault – Specialty Honey Beer
- Troegs Brewing Dead Reckoning – American Style Stout
- Dogfish Head Midas Touch – Specialty Honey Beer
- Fegley’s Allentown & Bethlehem Brew Works Rude Elf’s Reserve – Herb and Spice or Chocolate Beer
- Flying Fish Brewing Co. Hopfish – Classic English Style Pale Ale
- Nodding Head Brewing Co. Phruit Phunk – Wood and Barrel-Aged Sour Beer
- Stoudt’s Brewing Co. Kolsch – German Style Kolsch
- Troegs Brewing Sunshine PIls – German-Style Pilsener
2009 GABF Winners [Great American Beer Festival]
- Local Winners at GABF
- Local Beers Saluted in Denver
- Troegs Is the Local Star at 2012 Great American Beer Festival
- Winter Olympics Open Today
- PA Brewers Bringing Home Medals
- Brewers Plate Is Sunday, March 14th
- Iron Hill, Troegs and Dock Street Shine at World Beer Cup
- Brewers Plate Tickets On Sale Today
- Great American Beer Festival Winners
This entry was posted on Monday, September 28th, 2009 at 9:40 am and is filed under Drink. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.