Posted by Foobooz on October 14th, 2009
Adam Erace visits the new Meritage and says the Asian inspired menu and booze-friendly bites are ready to step out of Pub & Kitchen’s shadow.
Meritageâ€™s wine program has become more approachable and affordable, with 14 by the glass (all $8), fun flights and 50 bottles under $50.
So bring on the alcohol sponges, fair bartender! Fat, tempura-fried jalapenos, like addictive poppers filled with hoisin-kissed house-ground pork and cellophane noodles in a ginger-soy glaze. Tight, pan-fried Hudson Valley foie gras dumplings tossed in butter browned with Burgundy truffles, cilantro and scallion. Silky Lancaster chicken liver pÃ¢tÃ© crowned with black plums macerated in brandy and five spice. All $6 or less, all tasty.
500 S 20th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Back to School Dinner at Meritage
- Anne Collâ€™s Fall Menu for Meritage
- Summer Menu at Meritage
- Meritage Makes Changes for Fall
- Revamped Meritage Praised
- Meritage Hosting a Game Tasting Menu
- Meritage Returns Fried Chicken To Its Menu
- Korean Tacos & Other Snacks Tonight at Meritage
- Going Quackers at Meritage