Posted by Foobooz on December 7th, 2009
Craig LaBan reviews Jose Garces’ Village Whiskey and though he finds the burger singularly special, he has some problems with the rest of the menu. But about that burger….
One can top it with shaved white Alba truffles or creamy pads of seared foie gras, or a cool salad of sweet lump crab tossed with horseradish crÃ¨me fraÃ®che. But such gilding, aside from some cave-aged Vermont cheddar or smoky Oregon bleu, is hardly necessary. The liver, in fact, actually gets in the way of the primal satisfaction this $9 wonder already gives. With its ideal seasoning, meaty tenderness, and butter-crisped bun, its flavor lingers on my taste buds with the all-day mineral shine of a far more expensive cut of beef. The sweet amber sting of whiskey only intensifies the hum.
Two Bells – Very Good
- New Burger Favorite
- Burger King At Village Whiskey
- Village Whiskey Opens Next Thursday
- Review in Haikuâ„¢: Whiskey King Burger
- Village Whiskey Burger Does Not Live Up to Hype
- Village Whiskey Around the Web
- Rhetoric Heats Up in Burger Bracket
- Food & Wine Names Best Bacon Burgers, Goes to Wrong Corner
- How Many Bells For Village Whiskey