Posted by Ashley Primis on December 17th, 2009
BY ASHLEY PRIMIS
Wayne’s iconic Eagle Village (which until recently had “Spread” at the front of the name) is adding two new eateries to its roster. Already open, A Taste of Britain has moved from Devon and teamed up with Easy Elegance Catering to offer tea and lunch in a second-floor, shabby-chic dining room. There are sandwiches (like chicken salad on croissant) and heartier options like chicken pot pie, as well as more tarts, scones, and pie that you could eat in a week. 503 West Lancaster Avenue, Wayne; 610-971-0390; easyelegance.net.
Early January will see the opening of Silverspoon, which is also relocating from down the road to this new spot. But this BYOB won’t resemble the existing French country kitchen — chef/owner Rich Silverberg tells the RC that the menu will reflect what’s in season, bringing the farm-to-table, local, and sustainable concept to the ML. Expect the look to be “new age bistro,” says Silverberg.
- Lolita’s Taco Tuedays Are Back
- Isabel, Mexican BYOB Coming to Pennsylvania Avenue
- Happy 4710 – It’s the Year of the Dragon
- From India To Spain: Bindi To Become Jamonera
- Weekly Specials at Odd Fellows Cafe
- Green Eggs Cafe, Kitchen Sink Comes to 13th Street This Monday
- 7 Questions With Marcie Turney
- Free Coffee to Toast Toast’s Grand Opening
- IndeBlue on 13th Street Sets an Opening Date