Posted by Foobooz on February 16th, 2010
Craig LaBan only wishes he could like MidAtlantic the restaurant as much as he likes MidAtlantic the concept. But too many gaffes leave that as an impossibility.
But rarely have I seen such a fantastic idea stumble critically across the finish line over a needless array of elemental cooking gaffes, from a recurring salt problem to sloppy plating and dishes that taste like concepts still in the works.
What is the point of making such tasty beef hot dogs, coarse-ground and aromatic with fennel and clove, if they’re so awkward to eat? Mine were buried under a mountain of potato chips, pickles, and wads of fermented cabbage so messy, it looked as if it had been plated by a bucket, not a chef.
One Bell – Hit or Miss
Han Dynasty University City
3711 Market ST, Philadelphia, PA
- Looking for Focus at MidAtlantic
- Problems At MidAtlantic
- It’s Hit-Or-Miss at R2L
- Tale of the Tape: MidAtlantic
- Daniel Stern Has Lost His Marbles, Offers What Is Officially The Most Ridiculous Dining Deal Of The Summer
- Ugly American
- Farmers’ Feast at MidAtlantic
- MidAtlantic Adds Rotisserie Dishes
- Slate Gets Two Bells