Posted by Foobooz on March 17th, 2010
Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Foobooz.
What was once a quaint day to wear green and eat Irish potatoes has turned into a complete boozefest but here are some picks of places where you can be proud to be Irish while minimizing the chance of puke on winding up on your shoes.
- Nothing wrong with a proper Guinness on St. Patrick’s Day. Visit the Bards where pouring a proper pint is a 365-day obsession.
- The Swift Half is offering $3 Swift Half Pints and $3 Irish Snacks including: Stuffed Cabbage; Traditional Boxty with applesauce; Ham and Cheese Pierogies with Guinness brown butter; Mini Fish and Chips; and Bangers in a Blanket.
- Looking for a fun Irish band to stomp along to, the Ruffians are playing at the North Star Bar. The North Star will also be offering $4 Imperial pints of Guinness all day.
- Join beermaster extraordinare Scott Morrison at World Cafe Live where he’s hosting a 5-course beer dinner with five American craft interpretations of Irish beers followed by a nightcap of Bushmills 16 year old Irish Whiskey. Dinner is $45 per person.
- Got a meeting to cater today? 1st & Fresh Catering is offering 17% off till 2pm.
- The Beer Lass has a rundown on where you can find some Sly Fox O’Reilly Stout pouring.
- But if you insist on St. Patrick’s excess then head toÂ McGillin’s where the doors opened at 9am today. They’re serving up some different Irish beers incluing O’Hara’s Stout and O’Hara’s Irish Red. Â And of course they also offer green beer. $2 cover all day.