Posted by Foobooz on March 18th, 2010
Trey Popp visits Green Eggs Cafe and comes away overwhelmed by the size of some of the dishes and pleased with the taste of most of the others. It’s a South Philadelphia brunch spot that doesn’t have hour waits… yet.
The best dish was the biggest surprise. Quinoa porridge sounds like an attempt to out-vegan the staunchest eco-Samaritan who ever walked in hemp sandals. But Green Eggs turned it into a $4.50 bowl of luxuriant bliss. Scented with cardamom and cinnamon, simmered with a dash of heavy cream, sweetened lightly with agave nectar and topped with that outstanding berry compote, it sent everyone who tasted it into a reverie â€” followed by a resolution to copy it at home. The mint sprig crowning the bowl was as spot-on a garnish as I’ve had in ages.
Green Eggs Cafe
1306 Dickinson St, Philadelphia, PA
- The Kitchen Sink at Green Eggs Cafe
- Brunch Elevated at Green Eggs
- Green Eggs Cafe, Kitchen Sink Comes to 13th Street This Monday
- Poll: Will You Eat At Green Eggs Cafe After Rats?
- Two Bells for Green Eggs
- Disgusting: Rats at Green Eggs Cafe
- How Many Bells for Green Eggs Cafe
- Is Le Viet’s Beauty More than Skin Deep?
- The Sidewalk at Green Eggs Cafe Is Currently Dug Up and New Pipes Await