Posted by Foobooz on April 6th, 2010
With the help of an astute reader we tracked Ansill’s liquor license transfer to a corporation sharing an address with Stephen Starr. Today, the Inquirer’s Michael Klein (and keeper of all things Starr) reveals that the restaurant will be a partnership between Starr and his culinary director, Chris Painter. The restaurant, Il Pittore will be Northern Italian and should open in September.
Also, Klein disappoints us with news that the unnamed Starr biergarten planned for Frankford Avenue in Fishtown will not be ready until October.
Starr’s Chris Painter gets his own restaurant [The Insider]
- Noble Closes, Replaced By Starr’s Il Pittore
- Starr Going German With Bier Garten
- Peter Serpico at Il Pittore
- Of Beer Gardens and Pubs
- Fette Sau Coming to Fishtown
- Frankford Hall Gets A (New) Opening Date
- Another Starr Project in Fishtown
- Tale of the Tape: Il Pittore
- Quick Bites: Barcade’s Arcade Games, Pizza Brain’s Zoning and New Korean Downtown