Posted by Foobooz on May 6th, 2010
Trey Popp may not find many bargains behind the counters at Garces Trading Co. but he does find plenty to like on the menu.
Cuisine is culture, and Philadelphia’s Iron Chef keeps proving that there is apparently no limit to his talent for assimilation. Fast on the heels of Village Whiskey, a simulacrum of Swing Age Americana, Garces has served up another decidedly non-Latin venue. Garces Trading Co. basically embodies the American idea of a Euro-style cafÃ©-cum-gourmet shop. Characteristically, the restaurateur nails the vibe, all the way to the Dansko clogs beneath the host’s charcoal suit.
Garces Trading Co.
1113 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA
- Garces Trading Co.: Annotated Menu
- Garces Trading Co. to Set Sail Feb. 16
- Garces Trading Co. Getting Liquor License
- More Than Groceries at Garces Trading Co.
- How Many Bells for Garces Trading Co?
- Something for Everyone at Garces Trading Co.
- Three Bells for Garces Trading Co.
- Tale of the Tape: Garces Trading Co.
- Interview With Jose Garces