Posted by Foobooz on June 30th, 2010
Adam Erace suffers through the lines at Bobby’s Burger Palace in order to get some woefully inconsistent burgers. At least the shakes and fries shine.
I could like the Napa Valley Burger, with Vermont goat cheese and Meyer-lemon honey mustard, had it not been built as carelessly as Depression-era tenement housing. There was more cheese than there was beefâ€”the creamy mound half off the edge of the sandwich like a muffin-top on too-tight jeansâ€”and the mustard was undetectable. The Buffalo Style Burger was just as messy, slimed by the cooks with not-hot hot sauce and not-tangy blue-cheese dressing. It was a Rorschach test of black and white and orange, a 5-year-old Flyers fanâ€™s fingerpaint disaster. Both burgers came garnished with wet, wilted watercress you wouldnâ€™t feed a homeless rabbit.
Bobby's Burger Palace
3925 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
- For Reals, Bobby’s Burger Palace Opens Tuesday
- Bobby Flay To UPenn?
- Bobby Flay’s Burger Spot Up for April
- Bobby Flay’s South Beach Wine & Food Festival Winning Burger Available All Week
- BBP Versus 500Âº
- Some Fist Pumping Quick Bites
- Village Whiskey Around the Web
- LaBan Blasts Bobby’s Burger Palace
- Loving the Love Burger