Posted by Foobooz on August 10th, 2010
Eldondre commented last week regarding a falafel omelet he found because of a Food Network show. It intrigued several other commenters and us. We checked in with him and here’s the details on where to find this falafel omelet.
TheÂ A&M Halal truck at Drexel serves up this falafel omelet. It’s located on a service road between Market and Chestnut, 31st and 32, Eldondre says it is a really nice couple that owns the truck and they “always seem to give you a piece of falafel while you’re waiting.” A&M Halal was the top street food spot in Philadelphia by Gourmet in 2009 where they had this to say:
Ask for the falafel omelet hoagie, and Mona Hagali will lay on provolone, then disks of falafel, then a rolled omelet with red peppers and onions. A heavy squirt of Sriracha finishes. Alley behind Lebow Engineering Center, Drexel University
A&M Halal was also featured on The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Hidden Treasures on the Food Network.
31st and Ludlow Sts, Philadelphia, PA
- All Aboard the Marrakesh Express, Next Stop Locust Street
- What, a Twitterless Food Truck? Street Food Philly Hits the Grid
- Honest Tom’s Gets a New Look
- Truck Talk
- Wheel News: FroYo and Sandwiches
- State of Philly Food Trucks
- Honest Tom’s Making Center City a Regular Stop
- Lunch Truck Lineup at the Navy Yard
- Vago Delivers Food Truck Fare to Penn’s Door