Posted by Foobooz on August 25th, 2010
Yesterday the Buttercream Cupcake Lady’s truck was confiscated by Licenses and Inspections for attempting to sell cupcakes near Drexel’s Law School at 33rd and Market.
Buttercream Cupcake’s Kate Carrara hired Allen Iverson to issue the following statement.
If I can’t park, I can’t park. It is as simple as that. It ain’t about that at all. It’s easy to sum it up if you’re just talking about parking. We’re sitting here, and I’m supposed to be the cupcake lady, and we’re talking about parking. I mean listen, we’re sitting here talking about parking, not a cupcake, not a red velvet, not a buttercream, but we’re talking about parking. Not the cupcake that I go out there and die for and bake every day like it’s my last but we’re talking about parking man. How silly is that?
Yes Allen Iverson, how silly is that?
Update: The truck wasÂ back in business this morning near Love Park.
Phila. Cupcake Truck is back in business [Philadelphia Inquirer]
Cupcake Lady’s truck seized [Philadelphia Daily News]
A cupcake controversy in Philly [Philadelphia Inquirer]]
Important Updates [Buttercream Cupcake Lady]
- Cupcakes, Frosted with Rage
- Is There a Jingle?
- The City’s Side of Cupcake Saga
- Late Night Gotcha for Food Vendors
- Food Trucks Making Wednesday and Friday Stops at the Porch
- News For People Who Like Bad News: Small Kitchen Nightmares
- Cease and Desist at Corner/Foodery Spot on Sansom
- Monk’s Cafe Update
- The Porch at 30th Street Station Announces April Programming