Posted by kristen martin on August 31st, 2010
“Power lunch” is taking on a whole new meaning. Both 10Arts (of Top Chef fame) and Amuse (the new brasserie in Le Meridien) have rolled out numerical lunch deals. At 10Arts, chef Jennifer Carroll and pastry chef Monica Glass are offering a $22 Five Bite Lunch, featuring five miniatures of signature dishes like a shot of smoked heirloom corn chowder (a 2010 Best of Philly winner!). The teeny tasting menu rounds out with a bottle of Victory beer.
Amuse’s bargain poses a bit of a challenge: the Three Martini Lunch. $30 buys Onion Soup Amuse, Steak Frites, and three martinis, now through the end of September. The bistro has kept the working set in mind, though — if you don’t drink ‘em all, you’ll receive a voucher for the remaining martinis, good for 30 days. Click through for the menus.
10Arts Five Bite, $22 Lunch Menu:
- A basket of Chef Jen’s Warm Soft Pretzels served with creamy cheddar sauce, jalapeño jam, Dijon mustard.
- A shot of 10 Arts signature Smoked Heirloom Corn Chowder.
- Choice of Two Minis; including a Mini Fish Burger, made with striped bass, topped with fennel, oven-dried tomato and saffron aioli; a Mini Lobster Roll, comprised of Maine lobster salad on a toasted bun; a Mini Cheeseburger, made with Pineland Farms ground sirloin; or a Mini Hot Dog.
- Chef Monica’s Mini Cupcake of the Day.
- A bottle of Victory Beer, locally brewed in Downingtown, Pa., or choice of soft drink or iced tea.
Amuse Three Martini Lunch (available every day 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.)
- Onion Soup Amuse: a blend of three cheeses and onions
- Steak Frites: tender hanger steak seared and served with shallot-tarragon pesto and Béarnaise aioli; crispy pommes frites
Choice of Three Martinis:
- The Dirty Martini: Svedka, olive juice and regular or Blue cheese stuffed green olives
- The Classic Vodka Martini: Stolichnaya, dry vermouth and regular or blue cheese stuffed green olives
- Cosmopolitan: Skyy, Cointreau cranberry and fresh lime juice
- Citrus Martini: Skyy citrus, with fresh lemon juice and Cointreau
- French Martini: Belvedere, Chambord and pineapple juice
- Parisienne: Hendrick’s, dry vermouth and crème de cassis, shaken up
10Arts, 10 Avenue of the Arts, 215-523-8273
Amuse, Le Meridien Hotel, 1425 Arch Street, 215-422-8222
Related Tags: Lunch
- The Palm Brings Back the Three-Martini Lunch (Sorta)
- Del Frisco’s Offering a $20 Power Lunch
- Today for Lunch, Capital Grille?
- Square Peg Starts Lunch and Full Menu Thursday
- Stateside Adds Lunch
- Philadelphia's Best Lunch Deals
- Lunch At Citron & Rose Soon To Be A Thing
- Percy Street Coming to Comcast Center
- Fork Offers Prix-Fixe Lunch