Posted by Foobooz on December 20th, 2010
Since Bon Appetit called Resurrection Ale House’s fried chicken one of the ten best in America it has seemed the fame has sat awkwardly with the Resurrection staff. Just this summer the “Cockamamie Rule about the Chicken” was added, limiting the ordering of fried chicken to three per table and now Meal Ticket reports it is off the menu entirely.
Scanning the most recent menu indeed finds no mention of the much praised dish and the cockamamie rule is gone as well. Meal Ticket says it will return to the menu from time to time as a special and they aren’t ruling out a resurrection of the twice fried chicken but as of now, it is gone.
If you’re bummed about the 86ing of Resurrection’s chicken, at least there are still these other choices on our Fried Chicken Map.
Farewell to Resurrection Ale House’s Fried Chicken [Meal Ticket]
Resurrection Ale House [Official Site]
Resurrection Ale House
2425 Grays Ferry Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Unusual Menu Footnotes
- Fried Chicken Resurrected At Resurrection
- Meritage Returns Fried Chicken To Its Menu
- Fried Chicken Cometh, Fried Chicken Leaveth
- Where We’re Eating: Resurrection Ale House
- Ambitious Menu At Resurrection
- Resurrection Ale House Coming Into Focus
- New Chef for Resurrection Ale House
- Resurrection Gets National Acclaim