Posted by Foobooz on January 3rd, 2011
Two years to the night when Philly Mag 50: Hall-of-Famer Georges Perrier dropped the bombshell that Brasserie Perrier was closing, Perrier had a more predictable announcement this New Year’s Eve. As we speculated less than a month ago, Georges Perrier is not closing Le Bec-Fin. Perrier is bringing on current Executive Chef Nicholas Elmi as a partnerÂ and the mezzanine and Le Bar Lyonnais will be remodeled.
Although we weren’t surprised by the news Philadelphia chefs must have been as 60% said Le Bec-Fin would close in Philadelphia Magazine’s chef survey.
Perrier also announced he is opening a bakery in Narberth this spring, The Art of Bread by Georges Perrier.
Le Bec-Fin [Official Site]
Le Bec Fin
1523 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA
- Is Le Bec-Fin Really Closing?
- Le Bec-Fin to Close
- End Of An Era: Georges Perrier Is (Officially) Retired
- Perrier Gets His Name Back, Chez Georges Is Now Le Bar at Le Bec Fin
- Our Favorite Georges Perrier Quotes
- Georges Perrier to Appear on â€œFix This Kitchenâ€
- Quick Bites: Trysts, Blind Pigs & Milkboys
- Georges Perrier Divorcing
- Perrier Announcement Tonight