Posted by Kirsten Henri on February 18th, 2011
While there have been glimpses of Guapos Tacos, Jose Garces’ and designer Jun Aizaki’s taco truck over the past few months, it hasn’t officially been ready ready until now. Well, ready for your wedding, bar mitzvah or going-away party (ahem). It can now be booked for private functions via the Garces Restaurant Group special events department by calling 215-625-2920.
To bring the truck to an event, there is a two hour minimum for 50 or more guests. Update: We have the details on pricing:
“Guapos Tacos will be reserved in 2 hour increments for $2000. The price includes food and non alcoholic beverages for 50 people. All additional guests will be billed $15 per person per hour. Tax and Service Charge are not included.”
See the special event menu here.
The truck, designed by Aizaki — who is also responsible for the look of all of Garces’ restaurants — is covered with 45,000 beer bottle caps, which were put on by hand. What will it serve?
- Mission Style Veggie Quesadilla
- Selection of tacos (two per order) including: Adobo Chicken, white onion, radish, cilantro, cotija and lime; Carnitas, smoky black beans, pineapple-habanero salsa; Mahi-Mahi, pickled red cabbage; Desayuno, scrambled eggs, chorizo, poblano rajas and salsa Mexicana and Duck Barbacoa, radish kimchi, togarashi aioli.
Prices will range from $3 to $7. For the proles, the truck is expected to start making stops around the city sometime in the Spring. Follow the truck on Twitter @GuaposTacos.
*Photo by Mike Persico
- Jose Garces to Cook for Philabundance at The Porch
- Jose Garces Openings At Revel In Atlantic City
- Guapos Tacos Right Now
- Guapos Tacos Debuts
- Lunch at Love
- Guapos Tacos Tonight
- JG Domestic Meet the Maker Dinner with Luna Farm
- Garces Family Foundation Launching With A Big Party
- Jose Garces Debuting New Cookbook With Launch Dinner