Posted by Foobooz on February 28th, 2011
Adam Erace checks out the new Little Fish for the Camden Courier Post and reports that the menu might be a bit pricey but that the “experience often matches the cost.” And have no fear, the Sunday night five-course prix fixe is back, still a grand value at $33. And then there’s this soup.
Is the king crab in hot-and-sour broth ($15) a little richly priced for an appetizer? Yes, but man, is it something special to behold. Poached to order, these meaty legs of the Bearing regent are among the sweetest, butteriest things I’ve ever eaten. But the clear, brown soup, audaciously bright and funky with overtones of lemongrass, Thai basil, nori and soy balance the crabby bacchanal. This has got to be one of my favorite soups any restaurant is serving right now.
746 S 6th St, Philadelphia, PA
- New Menu at Little Fish Has Us Hankerinig for Cobia
- Little Fish Rolls Out Spring Menu
- Adam Erace Reviews 943
- Another Good Review for Nomad Pizza
- Little Fish Closes
- More Than Just Pizza at Santucci’s, But It’s Still About the Pizza
- Exploring the Depths at Fathom
- Grill Fish Cafe Comes Up Timid
- Swagger and Spice at Tashan