Posted by Foobooz on March 10th, 2011
The Farm and Fisherman opens tonight at 1120 Pine Street. The 30-seat white tablecloth BYOB will focus on the familiar fresh-and-local theme, but this endeavor stands out due to the pedigree of chef Joshua Lawler.
- Joshua Lawler
- Most recently chef de cuisine at Blue Hill at Stone Barns under James Beard Award-winner Dan Barber.
- Conshohocken native.
- 2001 graduate of Drexel’s Hotel and Restaurant Management program. Worked at The Fountain, Striped Bass and Buddakan while in school.
- Wife Colleen Lawler is also a chef with chops, but she’ll be mostly running the front of the house.
- Worked at BLT Market at the Ritz-Carlton in New York.
- Sous chef at Picholine under Chef Terrance Brennan.
- 2001 graduate of Drexel’s Hotel and Restaurant Management program.
- Seats 30.
- White tablecloths.
- Capuccino walls and walnut floors.
- 800 square feet.
- Former location of Paul.
- Large picture window overlooks Pine Street.
- Outdoor seating will be added in Spring.
- Fowler describes his cuisine “snapshots of the seasons here in the Delaware Valley.”
- Inspired by ingredients of local farmers and purveyors.
- Celery Root and Apple Soup with chestnuts and lobster knuckles
- Salad of Winter Fruits and Vegetables with homemade cottage cheese and greenhouse greens
- Slow Cooked Heritage Pork Jowl with shaved Brussels sprouts and smoked lady apple
- Grass Fed Lamb Sirloin and Neck with local Feta spread, winter spinach and orecchiette
- Marinated True Diver Scallops with grapefruit, hazelnuts and mint
- Pancetta-Crusted Farm Egg with mustard seeds, sauerkraut and puffed hominy
- Full Menu (PDF)
- Small and medium sized plates range from $8 to $15.
- Entrees range from $20 to $28.
Open for dinner Tuesday through Sunday from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m.
The Farm and Fisherman, 1120 Pine Street, 267-687-1555
All photos by Jason Varney
- Vegetable Magic at The Farm and Fisherman
- Philly’s Next Great BYOB
- Taming the Gourmand at The Farm and Fisherman
- How Many Stars for The Farm and Fisherman?
- Gutsy Debut for The Farm and Fisherman
- The Farm and Fisherman Coming this Spring
- Pig & Beer at The Farm and Fisherman
- The Farm & Fisherman’s Josh Lawler To Open a Second Restaurant
- Tale of the Tape: Talula’s Garden