Posted by Victor Fiorillo on March 17th, 2011
Received this afternoon from one of our favorite dives from one of our favorite no-B.S. bartenders:
From: kEVIN jAMES hOLLAND
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2011 1:55 PM
Dear friends and patrons of fIUME,
Between St. Patty’s, Mardi Gras & Spring Break, there’s been some less than savory celebration in and about Philadelphia. Gladly, fIUME has played host to virtually none of it. But as of now, anyone who looks like they’ve been drinking on Bourbon Street for the last 10 hours will not be admitted. It’s not that kind of party here.
I cannot stress enough that it is certain behavior and not certain people that I am addressing. Feel free to come. Feel free to wear green. Feel free to be Irish. You can even party. You are most welcome. But rowdy or over-large behavior is not well suited for fIUME.
In short I am promising you that there is a bar which will be absent of chanting, monosyllabic unison bellowing, experiments in disrobing, and excessive cheering which lacks an identifiable impetus. It is a veritable safe-haven from such celebrations.
If you feel marginalized by this micro-decree, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will be happy to further explain.
- 12 Days of Whiskey Festival Starts Friday at Fiume
- Fiume Celebrating Its Favorite Beer Importer
- It’s Cocktail Week at Fiume, The Best Bar You Have Never Been To
- USA Defeats Spain, a Great Photo of a Bar & More
- A Zagat Guide To Philly’s Secret Bars
- Roti, Crespelle, and Other Crepe-Like Objects
- 85 Awesome Places to Drink
- Tonight: Visit the Library
- Great Philly Dives, Courtesy of Dive Expert Brian McManus