Posted by Foobooz on March 28th, 2011
Craig LaBan fawns all over The Dandelion in his glowing three bell review.
I taste the lovely, gamy tang of lamb steeped into the ragu of crumbled meat tucked beneath the shepherd pie’s piped mash of cheddar-laced potatoes. Sublimely tender morsels of rabbit are a pot-pie delight in creamy gravy studded with mushrooms, cipollini onions, and bacon below a puff pastry lid. A pinch of curry adds sparkle to the deviled eggs. Beer and grain mustard perk up the cheesy smear of Mornay that gets broiled to a speckled brown glaze over Welsh rarebit toasts made from puffy buttermilk bread.
Three Bells – Excellent
Dandelion offers classic British food in a warren of cozy nooks [Philadelphia Inquirer]
Dandelion [Official Site]
124 S 18th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Dandelion: Annotated Menu
- The Dandelion Hosts The William Bros. Brewing Co. This Thursday
- Best of British Pub Fare at Dandelion
- Getting Beyond the Scene at Dandelion
- Nick Elmi Brings Life to Rittenhouse Tavern
- Rittenhouse Tavern Starts Weekend Brunch
- Tinto Adds Brunch
- What Makes the Perfect Fry-Up
- Ten Six Club Replaces Walnut Room