Posted by Foobooz on April 1st, 2011
Questlove has selected nine chefs for his Cook Off competition this Sunday. The theme will be Soul on a Stick and the winner will get to cook for the Roots at this summer’s Roots Picnic. Several of the competitors have Philly ties, let’s take a look.
Kenny Bush – Currently a sous chef at Bistrot La Minette this New Yorker has been in Philadelphia since 2009.
Eric Paraskevas - Chef at Terra, he’s been working in Philadelphia restaurants for a decade.
Brian Tucker – Server at Distrito is a self-taught food enthusiast. Check out his blog The Skinny Fat Kid.
Jennifer Zavala – Top Chef: Las Vegas contestant is currently living in South Philadelphia and researching future projects. She has cooked locally at El Camino Real and Xochitl.
The competition isn’t open to the public but you can follow along on Twitter @cook4quest.
Vintage Wine Bar & Bistro
129 S 13th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Roots Picnic Winner Crowned
- Questlove is Looking for a Chef
- Coming Soon: Questlove’s Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Iron Hill Re-evaluating Ardmore
- Maddox-Star BBQ Challenge Winners
- Night Market with ?uest Loves Food Pop-Up
- HyBird, Questlove’s Food Concept Opening in New York with Stephen Starr
- Questlove and Starr Set to Open Hybird
- So You Think You Can Work That Wiener?