Posted by Foobooz on April 11th, 2011
Horizons, Philadelphia’s well-regarded vegan restaurant is closing. Owner Rich Landau tells us the building has been sold and the restaurant will be closing around July 4th.
Vegetarians and vegans shouldn’t fret too much as Landau says he will be back, in a new neighborhood with a simpler operation. The new concept will be vegetable focused and more approachable to the mainstream dining crowd, especially those who wouldn’t consider a vegan restaurant but believe vegetables are the next big thing. The new restaurant will also focus on smaller plates instead of the traditional app/entree/dessert formula.
According to Michael Klein the new owner of the Horizons building will be Tom Grim and Stalin Bedon who own Nomad Pizza, an acclaimed wood-fired pizzeria from Hopewell, New Jersey. No name for the new concept but it will feature good wine, beer and a brick oven for pizzas when it opens this Fall.
611 S 7th St, Philadelphia, PA
- Sunset Set for Horizons
- Nomad Pizza Wandering To Philly
- Foobooz TV: Nomad Pizza, Ready For Its Close Up
- Tale of the Tape: Nomad Pizza Company
- Nomad Pizza Gets a Beer List
- All Roads Lead from Horizons
- Nomad Pizza Closing for a 10-Day Pizza Expedition
- I See Vegan People
- Another Good Review for Nomad Pizza