Posted by Foobooz on April 12th, 2011
It’s a toss up to what is the worst part about Dollar Dog Days at Citizens Bank Park , is it the long lines or the dollar dogs themselves?
But now you have a tastier, albeit more expensive option. Beginning on Monday, April 18th and happening every time the Phillies host a Dollar Dog Day, Garces Trading Company will be offering their own lunchtime take on the ballpark classic: a hot dog and a beer.
The combo stars the Mortadella Di Casa, an Italian gourmet hot dog made from local pork, white wine, garlic, espellette and pistachios served on a house-made pain au lait bun and topped with truffled turnip relish. Choose a Peroni, Stella Artois or Sly Fox to wash down your dog and you’ve got one heck of a lunch. The combo is $9 (the Mortadella Di Casa is normally $12 without the beer) and will be available from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on days that are also Phillies Dollar Dog Days.
We were fortunate enough to taste the hot dog yesterday and fear we’re spoiled for anything less. The combo will be available on the following days:
- Monday, April 18
- Tuesday, May 3
- Monday, May 23
- Monday, June 6
- Monday, September 5
- Monday, September, 19
Garces Trading Co. [Official Site]
Garces Trading Co.
1113 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA
- Dollar Dog Night
- Dollar Dog Schedule Announced
- Every Day Is Dollar Dog Day At Independence
- Two Citizens Bank Park Dogs Make National Hot Dog List
- Hand-Bottled Fizzy Cocktails at Garces Trading Co.
- Dogs Beat Fine Fare
- Sidecar Is Opening Early Today for the Phillies Game and Offering Dollar Dogs
- Phillies Specials for the Weekend
- First Bite: Underdogs, the New Hot Dog Spot on 17th Street