Posted by Victor Fiorillo on April 19th, 2011
Yawn. Why can’t you people let us sleep? Received the following text at 12:09 a.m. this morning from a well-placed source:
Sorry for the late text… Fork and Barrel, Tap and Table, and the Bookstore officially folded a few hours ago. Farmer’s Cabinet to remain open.
If true, I can only imagine that the not-exactly-ideal commute from Center City (Farmer’s Cabinet) to East Falls (F&B) to Emmaus (Tap and Table) to Bethlehem (The Bookstore) — the same people are behind all four spots — has something to do with it. If untrue, some late texter has a lot of explaining to do.
In any event, I can only hope that the people I emailed about this already today are still asleep. Unlike some of us.
UPDATE: The rumors are (mostly) true. Go here to read a statement from one of the owners.
- A Fork & Barrel Update: Closed, Indeed
- The Butcher and The Brewer Is Closing
- Blue Bear Tavern Closed (Again) but What’s Next?
- Farmers’ Cabinet Has A Few Job Openings…
- Pep Rally for Session Beers at Farmers’ Cabinet
- This Weekend: Beware the Liquor Police
- Farmers’ Cabinet Hosting Brooklyn Bar
- Liquid Nitrogen at Farmers’ Cabinet, New Plans for The Boilermaker
- Beer Dude Out and So Is the Beer at Farmers’ Cabinet