Posted by Jason Sheehan on April 20th, 2011
Yeah, you read that right. Tonight at The Union League (140 South Broad), Grant’s Whisky is throwing their final Grant’s True Tales Supper–an evening of eating, drinking and storytelling by Peter Aguero–leader of the BTK Band, New York’s hardest-drinking improvised storytelling rock band (at least according to Aguero). And while most of the 75 seats for the event have been sold out for weeks, I just happened to stumble across space for two lucky Foobooz readers (and one guest each).
So what do you say, folks? Free sit-down dinner, free booze and a show? Sounds pretty awesome, right?
Of course, there’s a catch…
And the catch is this: Since I only have space for two readers and their guests, we’re going to have to make a game of this. And in honor of Grant’s cracking bottles of his 12- and 18-year-old scotch whiskies for tonight’s festivities, I’m going to turn this into a race where the 12th and 18th readers to RSVP to Katie Han at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask NICELY about the free night out will get the seats.
For those of you who are interested, here’s the full details:
WHAT: Grant’s True Tales – sit-down dinner and drinks
WHERE: The Union League
WHEN: April 20, 7pm
DRESS: Jacket required for men, ties requested, cocktail attire for women
RSVP: Katie Han, email@example.com
Okay, so everyone ready? On your marks… Get set…
UPDATE: Game is over, folks. See? Told you these would go fast.
Lucky winners are Patricia Richman and Eva Harris, but thanks to everyone for playing. And stay tuned because we’ve got another cool (and seriously boozy) giveaway coming in the next few days.
- Irish Friday: Steal This Sandwich! (Also, Free Whiskey)
- Freebie Friday: Ikea, Chick-Fil-A and Dobbs Want To Feed You
- Free Breakfast Tomorrow (If You’re Willing To Make The Drive)
- Tonight: Free Food, Booze And Bacon At SoWe
- 30th Street Station: Not Just For Bums and Trains Anymore
- Free Stuff (For A Price): The Foobooz Barrio Pop-Up Contest
- Free Concerts for MilkBoy’s One Year Anniversary
- Cooking Channel Turns 1, Gives Nation Free Ice Cream
- UPDATED: Free VIP Tickets To Feastival, But Only For The Very Clever, And Discounted Prices For The Rest Of You