Posted by Foobooz on April 21st, 2011
Adam Erace finds plenty to like at Fathom Seafood House, the bar putting the fish back in Fishtown.
Mostly, the results are insanely tasty: a take on poutine with jumbo lump crab, squeaky mozzarella curds and spicy crab-stock gravy; the gooey fontina-and-lobster grilled cheese on shingles of Metropolitan sourdough; chicken-fried oysters whose zesty crusts preserve the silkiness of the bivalves inside. But eaten cumulatively, they can bust a gut, and upon departure, I didn’t so much step out into the gun-shy spring sunlight as waddle.
East Girard Gastropub
200 E Girard Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Good News, Bad News for Stollenwerk
- Tale of the Tape: Fathom Seafood House
- More From Philly Mag, Fathom Reviewed, Tequila’s Revisited, Beach Eats
- New Fathom Menu and the Aftermath
- Fathom Adds Brunch, Industry Night
- Fried Oysters With A Twist At Matyson
- Around the Web: Vegan Sandwiches to Heavenly Stew
- The Industry a Good Spot for More Than Just the Industry