Posted by Foobooz on April 22nd, 2011
Michael Klein is reporting that Stephen Starr’s beer garden has a name, Frankford Hall. Details are scarce on the project but as for a name, we might not love it but we do like the images it drums up. The Frankford name speaks not only to its location on Frankford Avenue but also to the Teutonic roots of the Frankford section of Philadelphia, which was settled by German immigrants in the 1600s. It beats the confusingly named Piazza at Schmidts. “Hall” is also promising as we imagine a large room like the Hofbräuhaus in Munich with long tables and big steins of beer.
At least that’s what we hope.
Starr’s Beer Garden Has a Name [The Insider]
1204 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, PA
- Around the Web: Frankford Hall Edition
- Tale of the Tape: Frankford Hall
- Frankford Hall Gets A (New) Opening Date
- One Bell for Frankford Hall
- Positives and Negatives at Frankford Hall
- Movie Nights This Week at Frankford Hall
- Frankford Hall Adds Happy Hour
- Frankford Hall Winterizes, Burgerizes
- Fette Sau Coming to Fishtown