Posted by Victor Fiorillo on May 4th, 2011
Apparently the folks at Union Trust aren’t all that upset at us for our reporting on their “restructuring”. (By the way, it turns out that the whole civil suit thing in Montco got tossed.) We just got an invitation to what sounds like a delightful event this Friday that they’re throwing for the winemakers and wine drinkers in town for our Wine Festival.
From Union Trust F&B director Xavier Mariezcurrena :
“In preparation for the Philadelphia Wine Festival, we figured it might be nice to do an event more geared for industry people. So often wine dinners and tasting events are so stuffy, needlessly formal and expensive, but this event should be a step away from those norms. The tasting will feature a bunch of cool site specific Oysters from Rappahannock River Oyster Company and five different wines from Sancerre producer Domaine Thomas. Winemakers will be on hand to talk about pairings and specific vineyard sites. The vibe will be easy, down to earth and convivial… Tickets are $35 to the public. These wines alone command some pretty strong prices.”
See you this Friday at 6 p.m., Xav.
Call (215) 925-6000 now if you want to reserve a spot.
- Six Pack: Dollar Oysters
- Steakhouse Coming To Chestnut Street
- Varga Bar Launching New Buck-a-Shuck Happy Hour
- Union Gourmet Sneak Peek
- Breaking: Union Trust Files For Bankruptcy
- Union Trust Steakhouse Is Falling Apart
- U.S. Government Moves to Liquidate Union Trust
- Union Trust: An F.B.I. Investigation?
- Del Frisco’s Bought Over $1 Million In Wine and Booze Last Year