Posted by Foobooz on May 6th, 2011
Saturday marks the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby and several local bars are getting in on the mint julep frenzy.
Baggataway Tavern – The Conshohocken bar is celebrating Cinco de Mayo and the Kentucky Derby together. Tents will be set up in the parking lot and there will be bands, margaritas, mint juleps and Mexican food.
Jet Wine Bar – The South Street wine bar will be offering $4 mint juleps from 4 to 7 p.m. and also offering the chance to win prizes for your prognosticating prowess as well as for your hat.
Khyber Pass Pub – The Old City bar with a bit of a southern touch gets into the action with beer bourbon and frozen mint juleps. Show off your equestrian knowledge with a trivia game (2:30). Wear your finest headgear for a chance to win Best in Show (3:30). Live music by the Al Harrison Dixieland Band (4 p.m.). The festivities run all day, kicking off at 11 a.m.
Khyber Pass Pub
56 S. 2nd St., Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Kentucky Derby Specials
- Mint Julep in Liquid and Dessert Form at Rex 1516
- Six Pack: Frozen Drinks to Beat the Heat
- Tonight: The Khyber Turns One, Again
- Six Pack: Movie Nights at Philadelphia Bars & Restaurants
- Progressive Happy Hour
- Tonight: Greek Wine at Jet Wine Bar
- Vegan Cocktails Philly: Because Vegans Need Booze Too
- Philly Locals on Beat the Chefs