Posted by Foobooz on May 11th, 2011
Brian Freedman says Opa is one more reason to head to the 13th Street corridor, the pikelia platter setting the tone right from the start.
[W]hat you get at Opa is a trio of dips that rise above the vaguely depressing status quo: The hummus burnishes a darker shade of tan from the hefty addition of smoked paprika; the tzatzaki is mouth-watering, healthy-tasting; the tirokafteri soft and sensual, the feta base exploding with the bright heat and vivid color of red Italian frying peppers.This is as successful and as understated an opening salvo as any Greek restaurant’s in the city right now.
1311 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA
- Traditional and Conteporary Working Together at Opa
- Bring in Fall with Opa, Mediterranean Style
- Opa Offers Free Lunch Today
- Tale of the Tape: Opa
- For Whom the Bells Toll: Opa
- Pita Making at Opa
- Greek Easter Specials and Spring Dishes at Opa
- Refreshed Greek at Opa
- Opa Offering a Holiday Lunch Special