Posted by Foobooz on May 16th, 2011
It’s another Monk’s Cafe Mad Monday. Sly Fox brewer Brian O’Reilly is bringing five different Sly Fox beers to town including Belgian Blonde, Incubus, Belgian Dubbel, Panacaea(Barleywine), and Saison. As a special treat, Sly Fox beer rep Suzanne Woods will also be in attendance with Pennsylvania’s only keg of her Saizanne beer that she brewed with her boyfriend, Iron Hill Maple Shade brewer Chris Lapierre.
Tomorrow, Stephen Starr’s anticipated German beer hall, Frankford Hall opens in Fishtown. Look for our special Tale of the Tape tomorrow morning.
Wednesday, Collingswood is hosting a progressive dinner crawl. Start the Night off at West Side Gravy for apps, then soup or salad at El Sitio, next is an entree at The Tortilla Press and finally dessert at Blackbird. Each stop is BYO so bring a bottle or three. Reservations and pre-payment ($49.95 including tax and gratuity) are required. Call 856.979.3333 for more information.
Thursday nights are flight nights at Brauhaus Schmitz, most flights are $10 and allow you to sample five beers. Thursdays at the Brauhaus are also the night when Chef Jeremy Nolen serves up “New German” cooking, proving German cooking can be more than just wursts. We hear the pork chop isn’t to be missed.
- Oktoberfest Week at Brauhaus Begins Today
- An Oktoberfest Gift from the Beer Gods
- Brauhaus Schmitz Is Expanding
- Innovative German Brewer at Brauhaus Schmitz Tonight
- Tonight: New Beers at Brauhaus
- Tonight: Brauhaus Schmitz Introduces More German Beers
- Free Stuff Alert! VIP Tickets To Brauhaus Schmitz’s Maifest
- Fall Festivals Galore
- Brauhaus Schmitz Turns Two